© 2007 Missing Pet Partnership. All rights reserved.
Our Mission: To Reunite Lost Pets With Their Owners/Guardians
The failure to provide lost pet services is a major contributing factor to the stray dog population, the feral cat population, and the overcrowding of animal shelters. Every pet dog and cat that is displaced from the care of its owner/guardian is a "stray" that ultimately contributes to the homeless pet (stray dog and feral cat) populations.
We will achieve our mission through training, education, and partnerships with animal shelters, animal welfare organizations, veterinarians, and pet detectives. We train and empower professional pet detectives (Missing Animal Response Technicians), volunteer pet detectives (Lost Pet First Responders), and MAR search dogs who conduct CSI-like investigative searches that bring lost dogs, cats, and other companion animals back home.
Further, Missing Pet Partnership will conduct scientific studies into lost pet behavior which will better enable us to predict the distances that lost pets travel, reunite lost pets with their owners/guardians before they have a chance to end up in shelters, and reduce the euthanasia rates of stray dogs and cats in our nation's animal shelters.
Statement Of Purpose
Missing Pet Partnership was formed for the following five reasons:
- For the purpose of reuniting lost pets with their owners.
- For the purpose of providing professional, exceptional training for pet detectives (MAR Technicians) who will go into their communities and use MAR services to locate lost pets.
- For the purpose of professionalizing the pet detective industry and creating new business opportunities so people can make a living working with animals while helping people in need.
- For the purpose of developing a credible, effective, training program that teaches dogs to locate lost pets and is based on proven methods currently used to train SAR (search-and-rescue) dogs.
- For the purpose of developing national standards and an ethical "Code of Conduct" to which MPP-certified MAR Technicians agree to adhere.
* Our pages are copyright-protected. To share our lost pet information with others, please link or refer people to our website. To request permission to reprint material from our site, please contact us.